Sunday, December 21, 2008

Who am I?

I've written this article almost 4 years ago. This was already posted in my friendster blog, xanga blog, and myspace blog. So, you see, uhmm, I'm not contented with one blog site. I know I should change that attitude though. Ka Ching!


Who am I? You sure you wanna know?? haha, no just kidding... I am a very serious living organism/thing on this luxuriant and somewhat horrendous planet Earth. It doesn't mean that if I said that I'm serious, it means that I'm totally serious! It's not what you think...I'm serious in a way that I find time to improve, grow, and become mature in this fast-changing world of ours. I still find time to have fun, socialize, experiment on everything, and give my 101% effort, strength, and adrenaline to try different things that I never thought I would ever try. And the one thing that I never forget to do at the start of the day, SMILE! A smile brings happiness to everyone. You never know that some problematic people might forget about all their teething troubles once they catch a glimpse of your beautiful smile....so my advice, smile!!!
I will ask again another question. Am I happy? I've already asked myself that question countless of times. Do I even know myself? I guess the first answer to that dilemma of mine is an unequivocal and insistent yes. Yes, I am happy. I am happy that I have such energetic, loyal and full of joie de vivre friends. I admit that because of them, my high-spiritedness is always present in my hale and hearty soul. I feel like I'm in seventh heaven because I'm able to partake of the sundry offerings of this wonderful world. I always wonder why most people, desire to be contented. I believe that contentment is a word that can really be found in the lexicons, but if you analyze and reflected more deeply onto this word, you'll be able to realize that no one and nobody, is contented. Why did I say so? It's simple. Almost every person who prays to the Almighty will always have the phrases: "I hope ______" and "I wish ______", and so on and so forth. That's real evidence isn't it? Well, that's just in my opinion. haha!
Me, I can say that I'm delighted that I belong to a great school, wherein I'm able to exercise my skills, and use the talents that God has given me. I meet different kinds of people, and am able to distinguish who can be really trusted. I am dominated by emotion by the thought that even though the world is really full of terrors, I still manage to survive and live my life the way I want to. But I have to admit, that besides all these happiness and joy that I feel when I think of the positive side, I'm still not contented with what I have. In fact, I'm still yearning for something more. And it seems really crazy that I don't even know what's that something that I'm yearning about. It's for me to find out. Okay, after I related to you my undying confusion about who I really am, let me tell you something about my relationships with God, and His son, Jesus Christ. I can say that I truly believe that religion matters. I love my religion unconditionally. Without God, I don't think I could ever survive any hardships that I encounter during my past experiences. Up to now, I consider Him my Father, my best friend, my hero, and most especially, my lifesaver. Reflecting about the fulfillment of Jesus' mission here on earth and the sacrifice that he made for us by giving up his life and letting himself be crucified just to save us from sin, helped me realize that no one in this world I can rely on except him. For this reason, I am beyond doubt, a firm believer of Jesus Christ.
After writing this, I finally realized that indeed, I am happy. I don't have to think of all the worries and fears that I have all throughout my life. I have to focus on the brighter side of life, and think of possible solutions wherein I could prevent myself from giving up easily, and surrendering myself without fighting for it. I am delighted because I am not alone. There are many people out there who truly love me, and accept who I am. I really have to be grateful because of these wonderful blessings that even money can't buy. It all comes from God, the Father, and I owe it all to Him. :)

No comments: